The Toppling Racism Fund is pleased to extend an opportunity for organizations to apply for funds to support mobilization plans to Durham for the February 19 court appearance by anti-racist activists.
Carefully read these guidelines before submitting your application:
1) Applications for funds should be submitted in the name of community-based groups or coalitions, not as individuals, although individuals can accept funds on behalf of community based groups if they do not have their own bank account. Individual income tax liabilities may apply.
2) The range of fund requests is between $250 – $1000; the advisory board will take into account distance traveled, size of delegation, and composition of delegation when making decisions about fund appropriation, given the limited amount of funds.
3) If your proposal is accepted, we cannot guarantee that funds will be dispersed prior to February 19 – applicants should make arrangements to pay for their associated costs upfront and receiving reimbursement within several weeks after Feb 19
4) Only one application per city will be considered
5) Funds may be used for the following expenses: transportation costs; outreach materials to promote mobilization, meals during transit and other 501c3 compliant activities
6) Application deadline: Midnight on February 12
All funds may only be used for 501(c)(3) compliant activities and cannot be used for the following purposes:
- to participate in election campaigns
- to endorse or oppose candidates for elected office
- for anything that is a personal conflict of interest (related to individual private benefit),
- for illegal activities (this includes organized civil disobedience)
- for personal expenses (personal cell phone bill, rent, food, etc.)